Make a difference every day by joining our team as a Personal Care Assistant (PCA)!
CCRES is an industry leader working in partnership with the Advanced Clinical Services (ACS) program of the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) to provide the highest quality behavioral health services to children with special needs.
The Personal Care Assistant (PCA) position is a field employee position providing one-to-one emotional and behavioral interventions to children/adolescents in a school based setting throughout Chester County, PA. We specialize in serving children primarily diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders as well as other special needs diagnoses.
- We are seeking Personal Care Assistant (PCA) staff for the 2016 - 2017 school year throughout Chester County area schools - primarily for a special needs school in Coatesville, PA.
- This position works Monday through Friday during school hour. The general school day can be 7:30am - 2:30pm or 8:00am - 3pm.
- Excellent experience after college graduation to start a career making a difference every day with individuals with special needs!
- Provide one-to-one assistance to children/adolescents with emotional and behavior disorders in the school setting based on medical needs of the client.
- Prompt interventions in the areas of: behavior management, conflict resolution, anger management, and peer interaction skills based on the IEP goals or behavioral treatment plan provided by school official or a Behavior Specialist Consultant (Master’s Level Clinician).
- Collect daily data and document progress notes in a prescribed format for each session with the child/adolescent.
Experience / Education Requirements:
Requires one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related human services field (Psychology, Social Work, Education, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Behavioral Health, etc.) with no previous work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field, with the equivalent of at least 1 year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children/adolescents.
- Associates degree, or 60 college credits, with at least 3 years of full-time equivalent paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children/adolescents.
- Bachelor’s Diploma AND/OR Official College Transcript
- PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Department of Education FBI Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- TB screening (Current within 1 year)
- Sexual Misconduct / Abuse Disclosure Form (Act 168)
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) position starts at $18.00/hr and progresses to $19.75/hr (W-2 employment)
Employees are eligible to receive compensation for supervision, training and travel stipend (between client locations).
403 (b) with employer match available. EOE.
APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
Work with clients with special needs – related terms in the behavioral health industry: TSS, Behavior Health Rehabilitation Service, Wraparound, T.S.S., Therapeutic Staff Support, Therapeutic Support Staff, BHRS, B.H.R.S, Wraparound, Wrap-around, Wrap around, clinical, Psychology, Counseling, Direct Support Professional, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, CCRES, PA, Pennsylvania, ABA, ADD, ADHD, Adolescent, Advocacy, Aspergers, At-risk, Autism, Autistic Support, PDD, IDD, Special Education, Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Interventions, Behavior Modification, Case Manager, Child Care, Childcare, Child Services, Child Welfare, Classroom Aide, Coach, Counseling, CPR, First Aid, Criminal Justice, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention, Day Care, Daycare, Discrete Trial, Diversity, Education, Early Intervention, Elementary, Family Services, Floortime, Guidance Counselor, Human Services, Instructor, Juvenile Justice, Kindergarten, LCSW, Mental Health, Mentor, MSW, Nanny, Nursery School, ODD, Paraprofessional, Part-time, PDD, PECS, Play Therapy, Preschool, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Public Welfare, Residential, Residential Counselor, School Private, School Public, Shelter, Social Skills, Social Stories, Social Work, Sociology, Special Needs, Student Assistance, Substitute Teacher, Teacher, Teacher Aide, Therapy, Tutor, Treatment Team, Verbal Behavior, Youth Ministry, BSC, MT, Instructional Aide, Instructional Assistant, IA, para-educator, regular education, special education, TA, Teacher Assistant, BCBA, Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior, Autism, ASD, Early Intervention, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, behavioral therapy, therapeutic, Licensed Behavior Specialist, LBS, mental health, human services, social services, IDD, intellectual developmental disability, therapist, mental health specialist